Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


This is a Thanksgiving tradition for the Thomas girls... making Christmas Candy! I love to cook so I especially love to be a part of this time. I can't wait until I have daughters of my own to play in the kithchen with. Amos will love it as he gets older too!



Cousin Kyjia! No one can cheer up a fussy baby like him! He's the Baby Charmer!! (I promise he is! Even though Amos isn't smiling in this picture!)



Visiting Grandpa McAllister! We love you!





Visiting Grandma McAllister! We love you!







Visiting Grandma Fortuna! We love you!


Thanksgiving was a blast this year! We got into town Wednesday night, after a long drive from St George. The highlight of which, was locking Amos in the car and car keys! We had to call 911 to come help us out!! We're awesome parents :) Luckily, Amos was totally fine. He had just woken up from a nap and was quite entertained by us watching him through the window. I was AMAZED at how easy it was for them to break into our car... it was a little too easy and way too fast! But in this case, I suppose that was exactly what we wanted!

We spent the rest of Wednesday night eating Chinese food and hanging out with my Fortuna siblings.

Thursday morning we woke up just in time to get dressed and rush out the door for Turkey Day football! Kirk dropped Amos and I off and his moms house while he balled it up with his buddies.

Grandma McAllister had a way fun Jumper for Amos to play in. He loved it! We watched the Thanksgiving Parade and enjoyed our morning at Grandma's.

When Kirk got back it was time to head off to Aunt Caren and Uncle Pauls house! And oh my heavens, was it delicious!! No wonder I gained 4 pounds while I was on vacations, dang it!

We, as a Thomas family, talked about what we were most grateful for. Angela's especially stood out to me. She said she was grateful for the stage of motherhood she has passed through, is currently at and will get to experience in the future. I loved that! I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for that blessing too.

We were able to spend some quality time with out Thomas family, feel of their spirit and love. What a beautiful thing it is to be part of a family.

Then it was time for round 2! We returned back to the Fortuna's for even more Thanksgiving feasting!

Everyone loved to see Amos! And what added to the fun was how enthusiastic Amos was about being passed around! His shy stage has come and gone, for now at least! It was a blast! He had his own little high chair at the table and boy was he cute! He liked the Sweet Potatoes but not much of anything else, which was a surprise! Well, except the ice cream of course!

The rest of the evening was filled with movies, family and watching our Priesthood holders give a blessing to Great-Grandpa Burgoyne.


Friday was another day of holiday fun! Grandma Fortuna (my mother), Aunt Libby, Kirk, Amos and I set out for some early Christmas shopping. Grandma bought Amos some toys, dishes and funny Santa Diapers to keep at her house. Oh how he LOVED those noisy, lighted toys! We also couldn't pass up lunch at our family favorite burger place, Hires. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. After more shopping and playing, we wrapped the night up with the whole gang for family dinner and games. Thanks you Fortuna family for such a great time! We love you! Thank you Grandpa Fortuna for your good advice and the things you always find to help us out with. You're the best! I need to get some pictures with you and Amos next time we're up! xoxo


Saturday was Candy Making day at Aunt Nancy's! My family headed out in the morning to pick up Aunt Kellie and Kyjia on our way to Eagle Mountain. That's where all the fun began for the day! We made Chocolate-Carmel Apples, Chocolate-Carmel Pretzels, Peanut Clusters, Divinity, Turtles.... am I missing anything? It's always a good time when we get to eat sweets all day! After a long day in the kitchen, we met Uncle Blake at Olive Garden for his birthday dinner. It was an excellent way to finish off the evening. Thank you Grandma McAllister for providing everything! We love our McAllister's!


Sunday was quite wonderful as well. It started off with Kirk taking Amos in the morning so I could sleep in. Oh man, I don't remember the last time I got to do that. Isn't my husband the best? Yes he is! That was very appreciated and loved. When Amos was hungry again, he quietly came in my room and snuggled him under the covers to me. It was so sweet and perfect. Amos curled right up and made my that much more comfy! I love my cuddly baby and awesome husband. When we finally got the day started, we headed right our to see Grandpa McAllister. He had just returned from some traveling and brought home some French Candy to let us taste. Aunt Kellie and Ky met us there for some Grandpa time. I loved watching Grandpa play with Amos. He's really good with kids! It sure makes me happy to have such great family! After words, we returned to Grandma McAllister's for Sunday dinner and relaxing. In fact, we were so relaxed that we decided to stay an extra night with her! It was sooo nice!


Monday morning came way toooooo early. We left at 5am to return home to St George, just in time for work. Thanks again for the fabulous weekend everyone! We sure love you! We're sad we didn't get to see our Fortuna, McAllister and Turpin Great-Grandparents but we will for sure see you at Christmas time! We love you!


0 comments: