Friday, April 8, 2011

33 weeks!


Well here I am pushin 33 weeks! Being pregnant has been such constant and exciting change...! Always in a good way because it means I'm getting closer and closer! Here are the things that I have been experiencing lately and don't wanna forget:



  • Nesting! Definately my favorite part so far! Dallens room is so adorable already! I"m so grateful we have a bedroom just for him! It has been a lot of fun. We have everything we need and the one thing left to do is prewash the crib bedding and put it together.....and oh yes! there will be lots of pics :) -Kirk and I have such high aspirations and goals as his parents...I can't wait to bring him into this world together.

  • My colostrum came in! I'll be very vague about this but it's so exciting to me as a new mother! I never put any thought into this happening so early (30 wks when i noticed) and when it happened I was floored! Completely shocked and suprised! I noticed it March 19th (the day before Hawaii). Although Kirk is still somewhat grossed out by it, I can't help but look forward to motherhood that much more :) Perhaps I'm a little more happy about it than normal, but it feels good to know that my body know's what to do when my brain has absolutley no clue! I'm so amazed by our bodies and in awe at Heavenly Father's priesthood power...

  • I am embarressingly out of shape! The weather here in St George has been beautiful-up until today! So I've set a goal to go swimming every day. There are so many benefits of swimming for pregnant women :) Anywho! We have a pretty small pool and my first attempt at swimming was a big, fat, failure!! hahaha I made it to one end and back and had to call it good! I was huffin and puffin like choo-choo train! My legs were cramping! And basically I was pooped. hahaha so I decided to float on my back like a huge whale....until I realized how embarressed I would feel if someone came to the pool and violated a poor-helpless-fat pregnant woman's privacy, as she's vulnerably bobbed in the water. It felt Soooo good, but I didn't want to put my husband through the humiliation of being married to the pool hippo.

  • I have never experienced such emotional and physical exhaustion as I have lately!

  • Dallen is getting huge! I love watching my tummy change! It's so obvious where he cozies up now! We can perfectly tell his shoulders apart from his back and cute bummy! And we can tell the difference between his hands and feet by just lookin at my tummy! I love it! It makes me smile when I look down and can see him curled up on one side of me...I can picture the exact position he's comfy in :) Makes me so happy!

  • My belly button is flat

  • I hit the big 1-5-0! that's almost a pound for every week I've been pregnant! No wonder my legs sometimes go tingly and numb!

It's exciting to think that if I'm anything like my mother, Dallen could be here in 4 weeks!!

0 comments: