Thursday, April 7, 2011

HAWAII 2011!

What an amazing opportunity! Kirks mom took the family to Hawaii! I know I can say for kirk and I that it was an unforgettable trip, not to mention, the last one without kids... going out with a bang! Thank you Momma McAllister!

The Honolulu Zoo!


***


The boys swinging from the tree like Tarzan!


***


The Dole Plantation! We had some DELICIOUS pineapple icecream and fresh juice after a tour of the entire farm! It was pretty cool! We also did the worlds largest maze here! Behind us are pineapples growing off the bushes. We learned that it takes 16 months to grow 1 single pineapple. After a plant has produced 2 fruits, it is pretty much good for nothin. Can't believe it takes so long! I also learned that pineapple juice breaks down protein....with means it's a fabulous meat tenderizer!


***



The beautiful Hawaii temple! Kirk, his mom and I were able to do a session here. We were selected as the Head Couple! This was by far one of my fav parts of the trip. The inside was just breathtaking, especially the artwork! I wish I could just tell you everything!!


***


Dinner time at the Luau!


***


This man was hilarious! He selected a few members of the audience to learn how to drum and one of the volunteers was a clueless, super funny Asain man. There was definately a communication barrier so there was a lot of way funny stuff happenin! I thought I was going to die from laughter! This was at the Polynesian Cultural Center. They had tons of dancers, drummers, fire dancers and way awesome traditions we got to be a part of! We saw an evening performance called "Ha: Breath of Life."



***





Pearl Harbor! We could have spent multiple days here. It was SO interesting! Kirk and I got a lot more insight into the war by walking through the museums and actually seeing the harbor, subs, battleships, artifacts, missles, ect.


***



A random night of walking the shops!


***


We went to this jeweler who lets you pick out your oyster, crack it open and find the pearl! It was pretty awesome! We did it twice and kirk picked out a necklace to put the pearl on for me :) It was my take home present! I love my husband.


***


Surfing! I took a millions pictures of this day, but apparently they were all on mom, kellie and karlies camera b/c i harldy have any! lol


***
Relaxing in the hotel! We had breakfast outside every morning where they had live music and a hula dancer. It was really nice! Our hotel was in Waikiki, just across from the beach. We shared a room with Kellie and Blake :)


***
Swimming with the dolphins! Once again, I know there's lots of pics out there somewhere, but I was really good at making sure everyone else had enough taken on their camera that I forgot about us! lol Here's the gang at the Sea Life Adventures park!


***
A beautiful view!


***
More Sea Life Adventures! We saw a dolfin show, a sea lion show

and lots of ocean life!


***

Some flippin sweet tree we found on one our walks! Can you see kirk!? He's pretty well hidden!


***
Our first day!


***This is a dude putting the finishing touches on our Tiki Man. He is carving our last name around the bottom. The perfect take home souvenier of our trip! Kirk had a fun time wrapping it up and taking it past airport security!


***

This is only a start of the wonderful time we enjoyed with the McAllister side! We love you guys!

0 comments: