Monday, May 24, 2010

Dixie State Baseball!

GO ROADRUNNERS!
Kirk and I went to the opening night of Dixie State College Baseball last Friday. It was SO fun! Kirk was totally hyper the whole night too! He was hilarious! I love it when he gets in those crazy moods of his! hahaha. Well, we ended up only staying for the first 8 innings, but boy was it a killing! The roadrunners rallied!! Now that I think about it...why didn't we just say for the end?! We were SO close! Ha, oh well! We left early because the wind. It was soo stinkin bad that they cancelled the fireworks :( That's my favorite part about baseball!! Not to mention kirk kept making fun of me because my program flew out of my hand like twice that night! So did my drink. I even lost my balance a few times form the desert wind! But as expected with Baseball, It was a FABULOUS date night!!





Memorable Moments:
  1. Kirk and I got a kick out of watching all the little kids running around. There was one we loved to watch more then the others. I would imagine he was probably 18 months or so. He was this little boy with light brown hair and the toddler tummy... you know what i'm talking about... All toddlers have this Santa Clause belly that they poke out as they're standing around, I think it's the trademark for the age. We love it! He was so funny to watch! Playing on the fence and pointing at all the baseballs on and off throughout the night, following peanut shells wherever the wind blew them, trying to block crowds of people on the sidewalk by standing with his tiny legs outstretched-hands on his hips and a giant GRIN on his bright face..., and watching him watch another baby girl. Kids are so funny!
  2. Hot dogs. What's a baseball game without them!?
  3. We saw our apt managers at the game and said hi! They're so sweet. As we were hangin out watchin the game, Kirk looked over at them just in time to see an elderly man of his 80's totally topple over a row of seat and land on our managers!! Is that crazy or what!? That poor grandpa! He was sure shakin up!! Kirk and I were on the edge of our seats wanting to help if it was something serious, soooo bad! We're paramedics at heart, that's for sure!
  4. Fly balls! I think we were a magnet for them that night!! Two people in the rows exactly behind us got hit! One was a young girl too :(

0 comments: