Monday, March 29, 2010

Prayer



Kirk and I have made a goal this month to attend the temple together every.single.week. then share our testimony in Church about the holy lessons we have learned.

Last Wednesday we walked hand in hand across the street to that beautiful place.

(Oh my gosh! I've dreamed of this sense I was a little girl! And here i am...with HIM...

my ETERNAL COMPANION! is this real!? yes!! i am so proud of myself for

making it here, for not letting anything get in the way of this... wow! how thankful!!)

Before I put on my white dress, I knelt in prayer in my little tiny cubicle of a dressing room

and prayed to My God that I would have an open heart.

I've never prayed there before.

I always do while we we're waiting, but not like that.

And I believe heavenly Father opened the door for me that night...

He opened the windows, the chimney, the garage, the gutters!

He poured out His spirit upon me and I grew so much that night.

I am completely convinced that can happen every time, as I kneel in prayer.

I can't hardly believe the power prayer has, for it has healed my soul and I have drawn strenth many times upon my knees..

but there is nothing so powerful, so encompassing, so complete and whole

as prayer within Gods Holy Temple.

For it is through prayer that we learn, that we progress and have a change of heart, it is the process by through which we repent, where love grows, where we build a relationship with Jesus Christ, it's how we worship, ...it is the root of progression.

How profoundly simple.

Pray.

0 comments: