Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Churchy Lurchy!

I loved going to church Sunday..............and not looking fat!
Is it cool of me to just say that?!

But for reals this time, I l.o.v.e.d. going to church on Sunday. I loved watching Kirk pay our tithing. I loved sitting as a family during The Sacrament. I loved taking the Sacrament! I loved being together, knowing without a doubt, we were where we were suppose to be.

It's so great to be back in Relief Society! I learn so much from the other women there. Every Sunday I wanna kick myself for not bringing a journal to take notes in, because our lessons and discussions are just that good! I get a lot out of them every Sunday! I always come away with new goals I want to accomplish, and things I want to change in my life to better the person I am.

The Church we belong too is centered on the Family and progressing as a Family! And geez, It's no wonder to me why! ...My gratitude for Kirk and I being sealed together has no end! Knowing that our children our born under The Covenant as a blessing of that sealing is HUGE! We want our family forever! Likewise with my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and so forth...I am deeply thankful to them for being worthily sealed so ALL of us can be with one another. I love being sealed to my brother, his wife, and her family through the Priesthood! My cousins...aunts&uncles, great-aunts&uncles, second cousins! That's so awesome to think about! "Together" a word that cultivates my excitement right now! That is happiness. That is valuable beyond description. Kirk and I look forward to the day when his mother finds a Priesthood holder worthy to connect us to her, and her family through the Power of God in the Holy Temple. That will be a day of inexpressible joy! We want that so much! I want to be sealed to his cousins and grandparents! And family!

"Our Families are not yet ours. The Lord has entrusted them to us to see how we treat them. If we are Faithful, only then will they be given to us forever."
-Brigham Young

"If we are Faithful..."
What is being "Faithful"? It goes so much deeper than just believing! It's doing! It's being! It's growing, learning and becoming! It's repenting! Doing everything to best of your ability! It's stretching yourself!
It's becoming who our Father In Heaven has designed us to become, through Our Savior Jesus Christ.
It includes the Atonement and The Book of Mormon... and that's just the start of it all!
I love that quote. I will remember it forever.

0 comments: