Tuesday, July 5, 2011

then & NOW...

My cute blue-eyed baby!

I use to lock the bathroom door while I was using it....

NOW I leave the door w-i-d-e open

I use to go anywhere on the drop of a dime....
NOW I can fall asleep anywhere on the drop of a dime

I use to think it was gross when moms put pacifiers in their mouth to clean them....
NOW I understand

I use to go country dancing with my husband until 2am....
NOW we start the bed routine between 8pm and 9pm

It use to take me 1hr and 15 minutes to get ready and perfectly cutified....
NOW I can shower, do my hair and makeup in less than 10 minutes (with an audience)

I use to pray every night....
NOW I commune, cry, plead, and consume my heart in prayer constantly

I use to wear cute clothes....
NOW I wear whatever is clean!

I use to have a spotless, neat home....
NOW it's sprinkled in diapers, strollers, half folded laundry and a full pantry

I use to cuddle with my husband the whole night through....
NOW I wake up with an extra hungry body in our bed (every 3 hours)

I use to rely on Diet Coke to get me through a rough minute....
NOW i desperately depend on the binky!



And I'm Loving Every Single Minute of It!!!



You know you are a mom when -- naked, soaked in sweat and blood, and a heart thumping from fatigue -- you are squeezing onto your bosom- ‘the whole universe wrapped in harmony with your soul’- and realize that this is the tiny body of your own baby. Mytyr, Mana, Mater, Muter, Madre, Mother, Mamma, you are the circle of life; heaven and earth pass through you.- Eleftheria Mantzouka


...I've been there!!! Oh that's SO awesome!!

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

I LOVE this post dear :) You should be a writer! haha.

Christina said...

its so true. Once you are a mom you don't really care as much about getting as dolled up when you go out.