Thursday, September 8, 2011

Keeping up with the McAllister's!

Here's my cuteness! Still eats every 2hours around the clock, which is why he sleeps in mommy and daddy's bed! (Plus, I'll take any excuse to cuddle between my two favorite boys!) I love him in jammies! This fall weather is going to make for some cute cute cute jammies!



I love how he holds his hands! Such a cute squishy baby!




I have to tell you all about this wonderful day before I forget some of the details! This was Labor Day Monday! And hallelujah, Kirk had work off!!!!! We began the day around 11am, ...that's how I knew it would be a good one! There's something sweet about the 3 of us piled in our comfy, soft bed, ALL sleeping in late :) And it was overcast! YAY! I love waking up to a stormy day! That's probably why we slept so well, the dark, cool weather is relaxing.... Well, I took a lazy few hours getting Amos and I showered and dressed while Kirk tinkered around in the garage, then off to lunch we went! We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Poncho & Lefty's, and spent all the time in the world we wanted to kick back and enjoy. We talked a lot about the gospel... how we recognize the Holy Ghost speaking to us, how we each found out the BOM was true, bits and pieces about Mormon doctrine that we like to discuss and dig around in, different things that we wonder about... I love connecting to my spouse on this level (Especially while I'm sipping a Diet Coke and cuddling our napping baby boy!). It really is a blessing to have the opportunity to be able to lose track of time together. It solidifies that we are sincerely best friends. Nothing feels better than that! After we wrapped up our late lunch, we packed into the jetta and off we were! Kirk took us to look at more guns! This was our second time, and we learned so much from the great guy at Sportsman's Warehouse. Gosh- I L.O.V.E. that place! I could blow a fortune there, and I know Kirk could too so we have to control ourselves! But after much deliberation, research and hands-on time, we've decided to get a Glock 90mm for me... but still looking and learning for Kirk. We're both so excited to have this hobby to do together! It has been SO fun already! It gives us something to talk about that excites us to all ends! I didn't think I would ever be the type to love firearms as much as I'm discovering about myself! We were there until closing, and once again lost track of time together :) We walked out through the rainy weather and hit up Maverick for a delicious frozen yogurt and redbox movie to finish the night off! And we got a WINNER! Have you ever seen The Conspirator? It's about the assassination of Pres Lincoln and HOLE.E.MOLY was it fantastic! We watched it twice and have come to terms with purchasing it (or at least I have!). We highly recommend it! Aww snuggly time with Amos, Me and Dad on our couch during the stormy weather :) What a wonderful day!

18 pounds exactly!
The bigger he gets, the more there is to hold onto! It's the best! I try not to be a smothering mom, but he sure makes it hard to contain my kisses!

He's becoming a giggly giggly baby and it's adorable!

AND

He has rolled over a grand total of 6 times! His first time was Monday the 29th of August! He also loves peaches! I pureed some for him the other day just for a taste and he through a fit every time I stopped feeding him! He is sure easy to enjoy!

1 comments:

Christina said...

holy cow 18 pounds already? Marley only weighs 25. He is so cute next time your in town we need to go to lunch or something