Saturday, September 3, 2011

Zions!



Today was the first day that Kirk and I have shared our love for Zions with Amos! We got some goooOOooOod action in! The weather was bright, hot and very summery....thank goodness for the cool river! Whew! I felt like a pioneer mama trying to keep her babies shaded and cool! :) Amos made the cutest little, high pitched "ooooo!"s and "ahhhh"s when we dipped him in the running water.... it was so stinkin cute! He would tuck his feet up under his bum, then stick them in the water, tuck them up, splash them down.... after he got use to it he liked the gooey wet clay on his feet. It was a great first experience I would say! And while I'm sayin it, -Kirk is such an excellent father and husband! He was taking drastic measures to make sure me and Amos were okay. He is so good at showing his concern for me. He is always putting my happiness and comfort first. He is really good at serving me and I have so much to be grateful to him for. I just love it when he smiles, not just with his mouth, but with his eyes too! He gets such a wonderful sense of success and fulfillment when he knows his wife and baby are happy. He is so wonderful. On our way home he took us to only the BEST drink place ever.... Swig! It's a St George MUST! I'm so grateful to my hubby for being so fun and adventurous. He makes life so complete and full of energy! There are so many things I can think of to brag about! I'm also very grateful that we are a healthy and active family. We're learning how to balance life with a new baby, and we mean that in a good way! As good as possible because, really, it's very thrilling!! Challenging at times, but rewarding. Taking our family a step further has brought out so many good qualities in each of us, and helped redirect us in other areas. HF's Plan is really quite amazing! It's really cool to go through each stage of life and gain more and more understanding... and especially with Kirk at my side! I met him when I was 18 and have been on this journey with him ever since! I'm the lucky one :)

0 comments: