Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept 11, 2011

Yesterday we got the opportunity to head up to Cedar City to meet up with one of Kirks best friends and his wife-to-be...Jon and Shirstin. It was really fun! We met up at a Singles Institute Fireside which kept things superrrr hilarious for Kirk, Amos and I. Especially since Amos was fussy! We stood out big time and people reacted to us so funny like! All the girls wanted to hold Amos and all the guys were major awkward. hahaha After the Fireside with Elder Oaks, we went to Jon and Shirstin's prayer group. Oh the good old days! If our family ward has treats at prayer group every Sunday night, I'd be there! Just like in my single days! Anywho, they left 10 minutes open to testimony's. Kirk got up!!! Diaper bag strapped across his chest, baby in arms, slobber shirt and all! He bore testimony that this nation (it being Sept 11th) was founded on Morals and Religion and God has blessed this country because of it. He also shared his love for his mission and what a spiritual time in his life it was for him. And he said, "But brothers, the biggest spiritual high you will ever get in your life...(he paused to choke down his sweet tears)... is when you get to carry a diaper bag." He is so so so good, in every way. I know at that instant every.SINGLE.girl in that room-which was all of them- wanted to be me. Kirk bore his testimony about family progression and of course I cried.
The rest of the night was nice and relaxing! We went to Jon's apt and hung out! He fixed us dinner and we just chilled! There was a thunder and lightening storm that had followed us to Cedar from St George. I rather enjoyed everything! I got the night off cooking, and got to be spoiled by my husband at the pulpit.
On our way home the weather still hadn't cleared. We loved it though! Storms are few and far between in these parts! And they smell SO GOOD! While we were on the freeway Kirk made the comment about how much he hates driving in rain storms because people don't slow down. He'd rather drive through a blizzard. My husband is a very defensive driver when Amos and I are in the car and I love that road-raging role he plays to protect us.
When we woke up this morning we got a phone call with some bad news. Kirk's neighbors growing up were driving on I-15, just out of St George, in the same rain storm about the same time. They were speeding and caught the road funny, rolled their car and the wife didn't make it.
They are such a warm and loving couple. Extremely strong in the church. Successful in their family, marriage and work life. They are a huge support to the neighborhood Kirk grew up in, so this news is tragic for lots of people. Of course I connected it with what Kirk said last night. (In no disrespect to these amazing people who were a part of our dating life in Salt Lake. I speed, he speeds, we all speed!) We are heart broken. They have done things for us that have made them very easy to love and appreciate.
I guess my point is that I wanted to take another opportunity to boast about my spouse. He is the One! And he always will be! I love Kirk more and more every minute! Somehow my capacity to love him is unobtainable! Just when I think I've maxed out my feelings for him, I catch my ignorance, and I fall in love again! And deeper! Thank you hunny! You amaze me. The way you use your Priesthood amazes me.

0 comments: