Saturday, June 19, 2010

Suppose for a moment...



...that God began taking from us the many things for which we have failed to give thanks. Which of our limbs and faculties would be left. Would I still have my hands and my mind? And what about loved ones? If God were to take from me all those persons and things for which I have not given thanks, who or what would be left of me?



I am thankful to Heavenly Father for Kirk. That our marriage has been sealed for Eternity in His Home. I am Grateful that we are healthy, happy, committed and a team. I'm grateful for every attribute of my loving husband who is the faithful and devoted priesthood holder of our family. I'm thankful I never will be alone. I'm grateful for examples and role models. I'm thankful for NBA games and fun dates that entertain my husband and I. I'm thankful the Church has been restored and the Priesthood is upon the earth. I"m grateful for prophets and continuous revelation. I'm thankful for prayer and the comforts of the Holy Ghost in my life. I'm grateful for my testimony. I'm grateful for minty gum and COUNTRY MUSIC. I'm grateful for strawberry lemonade. I'm grateful I know that the Book of Mormon is truth. I am thankful that Jesus Christ understood so perfectly what our Father was planning for us. I am grateful Jesus Christ was and is perfect. I'm grateful He chose to carry out all the designs of Father's earthly plan for us...Atonement, Last Supper, Baptism, Crucification. I'm grateful for progression. I'm grateful for honesty. I am thankful to live in a safe neighborhood where our physical needs are met. I'm grateful for holidays, but mostly a red-white&blue, firework-filled, BBQ stuffed 4th of July. Freedom. Dreams. I'm grateful for sticky hugs and loves of children. I'm thankful for a close shave, hot shower, yummy smelling soaps, creamy lotion and soft towels daily. I am so grateful to have no debt, to have sufficient savings, and a testimony of tithing. I am grateful for my education, that we have a way to communicate with one another and ways to show our love for eachother. I'm grateful for talents, modern technology, good friends and family. I'm grateful for a cold drink and shade on a hot day! I'm thankful to have no physical limitations. I'm thankful to have the softest, comfiest and warmest bed in the whole world. I'm soooo grateful to have the ability to become a mother one day, but grateful I'm not pregnant yet. :) I'm thankful for good, nutritious and tasty food. I'm thankful for teachers. I'm thankful for my wedding ring and my big closet. I'm thankful for modern medicine and those who have educated themselves in it to help others. I'm grateful for good conversations, laughing, singing, smiling and kissing. I'm grateful for the earth that Jesus Christ designed. I'm grateful that Jesus Christ is going to come again. I'm grateful for faith. I'm thankful for good memories, for strong brains with limitless memory and learning capabilities. I'm grateful for good cooks, sewers, and crafty people who have made everything I have ever bought. I'm grateful for confidence, happpyness and the ability to decern between light and darkness. I'm grateful for our dumb dog because it makes kirk so happy. I'm thankful for makeup and styling utensils. I'm grateful for cleanliness. I'm grateful for water, clean air, heat and coolness. I'm grateful for diversity. I'm grateful to have camera's, clumsy/embaressing moments, stuggles, triumphs and success. I'm grateful for nail polish and warm slippers. I'm grateful for diet coke.

...AND
on that note...

we'll go ahead and end with the cliche-ness of...i'm grateful for everything in my life, but most of all my Eternal Husband and the Church.

0 comments: