Sunday, September 5, 2010

9/5/10

What a WEEKend!
Lizzy and her Andrew came in town Friday night and we got to see them!! AWH I was so stinkin excited! When Lizzy text me to give me the good news I couldn't have been more happy to hear it! I LOVE when our friends come in town especially when we're not too busy to play! The boys went golfing Saturday morning while her and I caught up :) Nothin like girl talk! We went on a nice walk, then bought groceries to make a splendid YUMMY breakfast! Our hubby's are the luckiest men in the world. Cinnamon rolls, fruit, sausage, eggs, chocolate milk and apple juice=SooOOoO good! Then we wiggled on our swimsuits and hit the pools! It was perfect. Lizzy and Andrew are so stinkin cute together, it was so fun for me to see them together! I think it was the first time we've hung with just the 4 of us sense their wedding!! I'm so glad they came down! I hope they had a nice, relaxing vacation!
Geez...then what did we do!? We took a freakin long nap-THAT's what we did! It was so nice... Kirk has been way stinkin busy and I had to spend the last 2 nights sleepin alone because he was fightin fires :( :( :( I miss him a lot when he goes, but I try to think of only the good thoughts...and there are soo many of them! I always say a small prayer in my heart about how grateful I am that my home isn't the one on fire, that my family isn't in danger, and that our things are safe. It makes it a lot easier! I also try to picture him helping people out of flames, or just putting our the fire... how grateful they must be to him and the other firemen for coming to the rescue. If I were them I would be so deeply thankful and humbled by their help....It makes lonely nights and last minute cancelations soo much more enjoyable. :) I have a lot to be grateful for, and I know that somewhere out there people our grateful to me for giving up my hubby for a few hours.
We sure had a crazy CRAZY day recently! First, we got pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign (what the? i SWEAR we did)...but whatev. Anywho, after that we continued on our way to eat some yummy Panda Express. Afterwords we did a little sock shopping. When we walked out of the store a man wearing a Best Buy shirt literally leached onto us! He tried selling us this killer entertainment center that was "worth over 2500 dollars, but [he] would sell it to us for any amount if we would promise not to return it, or resale it."...Fishy? MUCHO! He practically put the box in our car, we had to take it out and set it on the floor! His story was never the same either. Gosh,...The guy wouldn't leave us alone and it was nearly impossible to leave the parking lot. He claimed it was extra merchandise bla bla bla and that he would give it to us for $200 just because he knew we would use it bla bla. Anywho, we ended up having him follow us to a busy gas station so we could get his license plate number and turn him in. We were convinced it was stolen! He seemed WAY too desperate. But..Little did we know, the cops were already ontop of it! When we got to Cheveron Kirk and the dude went inside while I picked up the cell to call it in...but guess who pulled in right behind us?! The police. hahaha it was crazy! Needless to say the man got hauled away and after we filled out reports, we got to leave! BUT, that's not the end of the story!! We stopped on our way home to participate in a little politics. At the corner of River Rd and 700 S there was some Obama bashing goin on and we wanted to learn about it. (Kirk and I have made a goal to get more involved in politics and this was one way for us to do it.) Anways, the same cop that we saw earlier came to make sure things were legal and it was funny to see him again. THEN kirk got called out in the middle of the night on a druggy dude and i'll give you OnE gUeSS as to who else was there...!?!?!?? HIM! Again! crazy huh!? ANyways, it was a pretty wacky day!
Well Sunday's are always just fabulous, arent they!? It was fast Sunday and my good Kirky bore his testimony about J Smith and the restored gospel. He's so awesome. I also got to say the closing prayer in Sacrament Meeting :) It always makes me feel so good to participate in any way I can. Sunday School and RS were great too, but I want to tell you about our Sunday walk. It was so peaceful! We went back to the Hanky Pank with mo. It was Sooo fun! It was actually pretty late so we took this ginormous flash light that my dad gave Kirk. It was perfect. We walked a ways, then went off trail down to the river. Mo was SO funny! She loves water! She was runnin, splashin and jumping all over the place! Kirk found a good stick that she played fetch with too. She has so much energy sometimes, it's hilarious! It also cracked me up to see her run in the sand. I don't know why she loved it so much, maybe because it's soft on her paws, but she went CRAZY! She was making dust clouds all over the place! Silly silly girl... But, back to the river! The cool water felt sooo good, it was cold-but a refreshing cold that matched the warm night air just perfeectly! Especially with a breeze...aww. It even smelled good too! It smelled fresh :) This world is such a beautiful one! We are so blessed to live where we do. And we even made it back to our house in time for the U vs Pitt game *replay! yesssss




ps. I'm going to attempt to completely turn to our blog and stop with the old fasioned journal-ness. Just a heads up! I imagine our blog will be updated almost daily, but probably more boring hahaha. So if the title is the date, that's your warning :)

0 comments: