Monday, September 20, 2010

Dancin with thunder!

smokin baby! Oh my gosh Becky, look at this FIRE! This is what we saw on our drive home from Salt Lake! I know Kirk is a firefighter but man alive! And .... there's another one burning farther South that had BIGGER flames! It was unbelievable..but it's been burning since july! We didn't get a pic but we shoulda, coulda,woulda! ...it's HOT!


Work it MO! ow ow

Mo is black. She spends her car rides making the most ridiculous faces out the window...she's a freak. And believe me, there's nothin like moja's lips and eye lids flappin in the wind... it's music to my ears...


BABY J!
if you can adjust your eyes to see past that orange whale, there IS a brand new baby girl there!


Big J and Little J! Happy Blessing Day! Jason offered a beautiful baby blessing in church on Sunday! There's def a special spirit in the Parry family, mom-dad-and baby! We are so excited we got to come to salt lake for this special day! It may have been another 25 hour trip, but family is worth it! Every time.




Happy Family!



RODEO FOREVER

forever forever forever forever

He's my cowboy hero and I'm his rhinestone cowgirl!

This was Rodeo Night # 2 of the weekend! And of course, the rodeo gets better and better each night! But we are proud to say we witnessed a Bronco record of 92 on Fancy Pants this night! YEEHAW!! Maybe that's a sign that we should host the PRCA rodeos!!!?!?!!!!!. BUT... I do have to say I was extremely dissapointed in the crowds. I can't tell you how stinkin mad I was that the couple next to me didn't put their hand over their heart for our National Anthem. They were the only ones I saw who didn't, but I heard there were more and heck. Show some respect! Are you not from America or have you forgotten the way things go around here!? "It's a free country, I can do what I want" ...it is, and to heck with you for not acknowledging where those opportunities and blessings come from, and why we have them. Is it such a hard thing to humble your pride and lift a hand?? Our freedom is at risk everyday because of selfish and ignorant people exactly like you, who don't give a dang. I know i'm being pissy right now, and you can totally see how strongly I feel about (believe me, i could go on for pages)... but I want to tell all those disrespectful and arrogant minded people that they should PRAY something doesn't happen to their husband, wife, child or loved one that humbles them to be grateful for all we have.... we live in the greatest country in the entire world. Why? Because we fight for it. In blood, tears and words-we fight for it. There are people who will never to any extent or comparison, experience what we do on a day-to-day basis. It's a blessing that we have all we do, simply because the Lord sent us here to the United States. He could have just as easily born us into a mud-floor, grass hut filled with flies and excrement where there is no food to eat, and no clean water, where our government is corrupt and our families live in fear and danger everyday. But He didn't. That alone seems like an untouchable blessing, but for us Americans it is only the very, very basic beginning.


THAT is why I am completely offended, and why Kirk and I have vowed to never let that happen again without something being said.(Don't worry, we'll be nice about it :)...... or at least try!)


It may not be your husband who is in the military, or your girlfriend who is in the Air Force, or your son who is sent over seas... it may not be your nieghbor who will be crippled for the rest of their live due to war, or your grandpa that left his wife a widow and his children fatherless... but it IS someones' someone out there. And it is YOU who reaps the benefit. don't you get it???? rawr




SOMEONE'S HERO!

That was the theme of Rodeo night #1, the Childrens night! They had all the firefighters, police, medics and military members be recognized. It was so cool! They even drove a tank out in the middle of the arena and had a little girl climb out the top holding an American flag. THEN they had a combat helicopter fly overhead. It was a pretty awesome recognition for all our service-men in our community! And it sure made me a proud wife! Kirk is such a stud. When the firefighters walked out (they were the very first) the little boy infront of me looked at his dad and said "This is so awesome!" and I couldn't help but smile through tears. Kirk and I have it all, I love him so much, I'm so proud of you sweetheart.








0 comments: