Monday, September 27, 2010

today's top ten!

Today I am Grateful For:
  1. Today I'm grateful that my husband took me out for dinner at Olive Garden, that our bill was smaller then we thought AND that we got two chocolate mints each, instead of one :) .
  2. I'm so thankful for our home. Somehow cleaning our house always makes me more grateful for it. There's nothing like the smell of fresh laundry, and the look of shiny counter-tops and floors. I love cleaning! I love it, i L.O.V.E. it. It seriously makes me more grateful for what we have.
  3. I'm grateful Kirk and I have jobs that we love. We had to weed through a few before we found what we have, but that has made us love them all the more! Happy and exciting jobs totally promote a happy and stress/pressure-free marriage :)
  4. I'm grateful for the way my body feels when I exercise. I'm on a roll everyone! I'm a bridesmaid @ Brad & Leahs wedding next week (YAY!!!!) and I"m proud to say my crash-work outs have been successful once again! I have gone running every night, walking every morning and biked 3 times since last Monday! 8 days in a row baby...going strong!
  5. I'm thankful for girlfriends! I've been able to catch up with a few and look forward to seeing a few more SOON! I love my Chelsey's, Tali's, Ally's, McKenna's, Barbie's and my Mommy Fortuna's!
  6. Today I'm thankful for blessings that come from reading the BOM. Somehow I lost track of time this morning while I was eating my cereal... before I knew it was 8am!! Ah! I'm usually out the door 5 minutes before 8!! By the time I got my last-minute things together I didn't leave until 8:07. Somehow I was able to leave my house, stop by the office to get chalk, get stalled by an old lady with lots of memories to share, fill up at the gas station and get clear across town by 8:29. One minute before I would be late. I couldnt believe I had made such good time! I didn't speed AND I hit red lights lol! I feel like It all happened because the Lord wanted to strengthen my testimony on reading the scriptures. It did, and it boosted my confidence in Him a level stronger. An awesome feeling!
  7. I"m grateful that Mo and I got to play in the river! We ran a bike trail near our house that follows a river! SooO when we were sweaty and stinkcy we decided to tromp through the bushes and sticks to the water. She absolutley LOVED it! She was going CRAZY! It was so funny! She loves the sand and water! I took off my shoes and socks so I could chase her..... she got a kick out of it! She was flippin up sand, splashing everywhere, then rolling around in the sand agian...way fun! However, I thought I was going to kill her when she grabbed my shoes and took them swimming hahaha but it was pretty fun to see her so hyper!
  8. I'm grateful that I was able to wake up at 5 am this morning and not be tired, but totally energetic! It's been a while since I had to get up that early for work!! It reminded me how much I love the cool, still, fresh St George mornings.
  9. I'm so grateful for Barbie today. She has such great adive and is such an awesome roll model. She's so sweet, honest and good-hearted. I admire her! I'm sooo grateful I got paired up to team teach with her! I learn so much everyday.
  10. I'm grateful for treats! Today while I was driving I was thinking about all the yummy foods I love (in a "If I were stuck on an Island and could only have 3 foods, what would they be?" kind of way). I love red vines/twizzlers, tootsie rolls, fresh fruit & veggies, guacamole, pretzles, diet mountain dew.... and sweet potatoe french fries! awh yes. yum! And an occasional hand-full of cheerioes! OH! and chocolate-covered cinnamon bears!
  11. I'm also grateful that Kirk and I have enough to give :)

0 comments: