Tuesday, August 23, 2011

now we're talkin!

Here we are! Our very first trip to the lake! I have to start by saying I feel prettty bad that I wasn't more excited for this like I should have been. It turned out to be SO fun, but geez! I was grumpy at times this weekend! Nevertheless, Gunlock was a blast! We took the pooch, Lib (my cutest little sister EVER was in town!!!!!), Dani and pretty much rocked out on the beach.
Amos was so cute! Kirk gave him a little dip and it was so cute!!! He loves water... He's such a little stud, like his dad. They just know how to touch my heart.
It was really fun to watch Mo play fetch with Kirk and the girls. They were so cute. They all jumped in the lake and swam all over the place like it was no ones business! It was so fun to watch them that I don't know who was happier, me or them! I just thought it was tooo cute of them to all hold hands and jump off the dock, practice diving off the big rocks, pushing the dog into the water... they were so happy hanging out together! I love them! I love how fun and 'up for anything' my sister is. She makes everything so much more energetic! I love how happy and enthusiastic my husband is to be around family. He knows what's up. He is going to be the funnest father to our kids as they grow up, and such an amazing leader.
-So whenever we'd be out with our family, my parents would always say things like "It's so fun to watch you!" And of course, I'd think to myself 'yeah-okay. Instead of watch, why don't you join in?!'.... but I totally get it now! It's so fulfilling! Seeing my family be happy, there's just nothing better. The older I get, the deeper I start to understand how very blessed it is to be part of a happy, loving family. You really do have it all when you have a family. I appreciate them more and more all the time.




If only that handsome dad could jump into my thoughts at times like this... he is just so dang cute.
We took Lib and Dani to the BEST.best.BEST burger place in the entire world, Five Guys, on Friday. As expected, it was absolutely delicious and they outdid themselves once again! As we were walking out, Libs cute friend Dani said, "Woah! Did you see that girl checking out your husband?" DUN Dun dun. I could have drop kicked her on the spot. I sarcastically replied with, "For real?! He's carrying a baby AND a diaper bag! Where is she? I'm gunna killer her!" Kirk just laughs. And he would. Then Dani said something to the effect of, "It's really attractive when a guy takes good care of his kids." Holy compliment up the ying-yang. She is so right. Kirk is everything I wanted in a man, and is turning out to be everything I've ever wanted in a father.... I knew he would always be that man but he really is a dream come true. When I talk to Amos I don't forget to tell him how lucky we are to have such a good daddy, because lots of other babies aren't as lucky as we are.

My cuteness!! He is such a cute little guy! I just want to kiss his little cheeks off! ALL THE TIME!


  • He is one noisy baby boy! He talks so much! And is getting sooo loud!!!! It couldn't be cuter. He use to only talk to Dad, but oh boy has that changed! I love to hear him...he is so awesome.

  • He's discovering those little hands!! He has been holding onto his little blankies and starting to cuddle them up to his face, or eat them :) He has started to hold onto his ears, because it's something to hold hahah and clasp his little hands together. Oh man-I love him!

  • He's in size 2 diapers and 6 or 9 month clothing. Sometimes 12 month, depending on the brand. He's my chunka baby!

  • He's a slobber blobber! He gets those little goopies everywhere now! Time to break out the bibs!

  • I've been going on morning walks everyday with him and a few neighbors, he loves his stroller! He loves to look around and hear all the outside noises! He just gets funner and funner everyday. Seriously!

I love my sis! She is seriously the cutest thing. As we've both grown up we've become best friends. It grows stronger every time we're together too! I'm so lucky to have a sister like lib. I can't say it enough!

Lib is seriously the funnest aunt! She just showers Amos is presents! This is the Utes jersey she bought him so they could match :) It's nooo wonder why she's going to be the favorite! She's young, doesn't have her own kids, is hyper, and spoils Amos! She bough Amos so many clothes while she was down here! Not to mention all the treats. When he gets bigger he is going to love her so much! I can just see it already. Having kids at a younger age has been so fun for Kirk and I. Life just rocks right now! We are so blessed. It all comes together when you're living the best you know how.

0 comments: