Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What Heaven See's in You


I love being a mother... I can't say it enough. My cute little Amos-Buggy is growing so fast. We were walking around at Dillard's the other day looking for clothes for him and we passed the newborns... I couldn't believe that he was that small baby! A tear rolled down my cheek...Time goes so fast! He's still little but so big! Now when I nurse him he's so long that even when he curls up to me his little toes are still hanging off my lap. It's so fun! I love all the changes that seem to be bursting right and left! He has become quite a little squirmy worm lately and his wiggles make me smile from cheek to cheek! I can't help but laugh a little when he is trying to nurse and get those wiggles out at the same time... just makes me melt! It is so fulfilling to be his mom.

I also adore when women I don't know look at me during these fun times and we exchange a special glance...it's as if they're smiling with their eyes and remembering what it was like to be at the stage I'm in. It's a dead-giveaway that they're mommies too! There's a special bond between moms that automatically eliminates the "stranger" in us. I bet that's what Heaven is like...

You know how everyone always talks about how close to Heaven babies really are? I am in love with those quiet, sacred moments when I'll be cuddling my baby or nursing him and something catches his attention and he turns into all smiles! He'll smile at Heaven as long as he can. I use to think that mothers commenting on their baby "smiling at angels" was just their wishful thinking. I've really been searching hard inside myself since Amos was born to figure out if I believe that too. I think my husband knows that I've been doing that soul searching because when he asks Amos 'what Heaven is telling [him]', or 'Who's visiting [him]', I get quiet and don't participate in the conversation. Well I figured it out for myself!

...I do very much believe that the Veil starts thin with newborns and gradually grows.... And a thin veil = seeing spiritual/Heavenly truths. Agreed? TaDa!
Now, (I'm going out on a limb here), I believe that the Baby Blues/Postpartum Depression come because our soul recognizes very quickly how separated from Heavenly Things we have become.... When these new babies come into our life we ache for the same Closeness that our spirits sense they still have with Heavenly Father and His Glory. Our spirits want those happy spiritual experiences again soooo greatly, it makes us miserably Homesick. Or at least, that's what it did for me. I believe that when Amos's gaze is fixed on something, that he is seeing Heaven. That maybe, just maybe, Someone is giving him a pep-talk about how wonderful this life can become, and not to worry. Maybe Heaven is telling Amos about silly things his earthly parents have done, or telling him how much he is loved, or singing him songs he sung to Heavenly Father...Maybe teaching him what's expected, or just doing whatever They can to make him smile because they know how much his parents love his smiles..! I can only imagine the glorious things Amos's pure little eyes have seen, and if he could-I wish he'd spill the beans :)

My insides burst like fireworks when Amos gaze brightens up to the skies. It's an instant yearning within me to want to know what he is thinking. ...I wonder if that's how my mom felt when I was going through this stage... I don't want it to ever end. I don't want it to end for me, but also for him! This is such an amazing step in watching him grow up!!

0 comments: