Friday, February 18, 2011

AH!!!

Oh me-oh my!
I was driving down a dark, desolate street tonight-listening to my country music on the radio :) I got to an area that recently had a way bad car accident Kirk had told me about. I was thinkin about that bloody crash and how sad it was for kirk b/c of the trauma involved.... so, I asked Heavenly Father to please keep me and my family safe as I was thinkin about it.
Well, a group of teenagers dressed in black and wearing black hoods were walking around, unbeknownst to me. Their dark figures blended in perfectly with the black night! At some point they decided to cross the street, and I'm not sure what they were thinking b/c I definitely couldn't see them... Then in the middle-left of my lane I saw whiteness! If it weren't for one boy in the group, who was wearing shorts with really white legs, they'd all be crunched :( I slammed on my breaks, giving them just enough time to finish running across my lane and off the road...Man, It was the middle of nowhere and quite an unusual spot for anyone to be out walking. It keeps replaying in my mind-I barely saw his brighty whities running across my lane! And after my eye caught the white movement, it took me a minute to realize it was a person's figure, and not just some trash or small animal. I can't BELIEVE I had come that close to seriously hurting all those guys! I know I was going at least 50mph! ... ... ...I love white legs! I'm SO glad he wasn't wearing long pants like the rest of the group. I'm so thankful for that!
I know SOmeone was watching out for all of us! That could have been so bad :( ... It happened sooo fast that it took me a minute to realize a simple prayer had protected me. I'm so thankful my mother taught me to always pray in my heart... and Someone will always hear it.
After that entire 2 seconds, I remembered that Kirk is at the fire station tonight!...it would have been so sad/hard for him to show up at the same scene as that other terrible accident, and find me & dallen all ouchy :( That's one of my worst fears :( Kirk is a hero. I never want to see the look he would have on his face if he showed up to unexpectedly find his wife mangled up in an accident. But at the same time, there's no one I'ld rather have come rescue me.. I just know how scary it would be for him, and I never want to cause him fear, worry, or sadness.
Thank you for protecting me and our unborn baby, Heavnely Father...
I have so much to be grateful to You for, and I'll find lots of ways to show it :)

0 comments: