Monday, February 28, 2011

I just finished reading Kirks missionary journal! I've read random entries here and there but decided I would read his entire mission today. What an amazing time of growth, opportunity, learning and experience! A mission is absolutley amazing. I learned, and was reminded of so much about my husband. I loved getting to know the people he served and came in contact with- He cares for people like no one i know! He loves the people of DC and Virginia with an unselfish, Godly love-I could see it. He has unmeasurable Faith and awe-inspiring spiritual insight. The goals he set and accomplished were-WOW! I love this man for so many reasons! I felt like some things he wrote were written in a certain way that i-his future wife-would marvel at. I want him to take me back to his mission sooo so bad...! One favorite part was reading the very end as he was on the plane home....from the day he left to the day he returned, he became a man. It was like watching this young adult transform and grow into a bright, confident, focused and brilliant Man! I didn't really know what to do when I had finished my reading- it wasn't enough, and I didn't want it to come to an end! I found myself completely intrigued by his experiences and day-to-day thoughts that I wanted to know what happened next!!! I wished for a minute that he had kept a journal every day of his life! Then I realized...I know exactly what came next.....it's in my journal :) We were both so ready to meet each other, it's just amazing.

May 2006-May 2008 is the reason I married the Man he became :)
We met October 2008, fell in love on our very first date Jan 2009, and were sealed July 2009.
Amazing

1 comments:

Jerica Bree said...

i just got all caught up on your blog posts!!! i don't think i've missed a single one since you've moved haha. Isn't it weird to think that this is what we've been preparing for our whole lives long! this is it! we have been dreaming about this for years as little girls. I can't tell you how much i admire you, tune. I feel like we're not only best friends, but sisters. and you are paving the way for me in this marriage/baby business! I can't wait to run to you with a million questions when I start down that fantastic path!! Please don't ever stop blogging- i can't wait to show Dallen his mommy's online journal when he gets older!! He will surely love love love it. And i love it so much because it either makes me laugh or cry- both good! I always feel strengthened and inspired afterward. And the spiritual moments- you are one incredible woman that's all i have to say and i feel lucky to be one of your best friends. i love you with all my heart!!! ~jer