Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Keepin it All Together!


While kirk and I were out to dinner last weekend we watched something kinda bitter sweet happen!... we were just mindin our own as a young family with 3 kids was being seated in the booth right behind us, near a middle-aged man who had just finished his cup of coffee. He stood up and walked over to the father of that family, patted his shoulder and said "good job, you're keepin it all together" then left.

I didn't see it happen but kirk pointed out the man as he was walking outside and told me the story. The man looked rough around the edges (like he lived out on the streets) and wore a tired/serious look on his long face, but there was no evilness about him-just sadness... had his family fallen apart? :( I don't know his story but I could see there was a strom going on inside his heart. I don't want to experience what he is feeling.
I know family is where we experience life's greatest joys!... the strongest and highlest level of happiness comes from love within families, that's why eternal families are central to The Plan...


As a new, naive mother (who has many lessons to learn) I hope I can start somewhere....


  1. create family memories and traditions...laugh together and find happiness in each others happiness

  2. work together

  3. have family dinner

  4. pray in our family and individually...let my children see me pray (like i witnessed my mother do at her bedside)

  5. build a habbit of reading the scripures! Pres Marion G Romney "if we prayerfully and regularly read the BOM in our homes and with our children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therin. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart...Faith, hope and charity-the pure love of Christ- will abound in our homes an dlives."

  6. show my children how much i admire, truly love and find happiness in their dad :) -i'm so excited to be entering this stage of life!

  7. dicipline & obedience

  8. be active members of the church and share testimony of it

  9. encourage my family to build their talents and pursue their goals

  10. go to the temple! let my children see us go to the temple

how do you keep your family together?

3 comments:

heather said...

Love that story of some anonymous person letting a family know they are doing well. I get random comments like that from time to time and it honestly makes my day. Love your goals. You're gonna rock out motherhood!

Christina said...

I love your posts. You are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hah you guys always have some awesome story to tell. I really hope that I can learn to recognize things in life like ya'll do. love you :)