Friday, February 18, 2011

Git-R-Done!

Last Sunday Sister Kirchhausen gave another "kick me in the butt" lesson. She's really good at it. Everytime she teaches I always leave Relief Society with insight I want to share with Kirk, and also with a list of goals I want to achieve for the week. That's how good she is :)
The lesson last sunday was on all aspects of WORK. There were a lot of really great points we touched on, but what I came away with the most was the reminder that our Temporal and Spiritual state are inseparable. Our Spirit cannot grow and receive greater light when we have not taken care of our temporal state. That can relate to a dirty or smelly home, contention among family-in music-or on tv, debt or other stressors that occupy our thoughts, ect.
Kirk and I have worked really hard to avoid debt, and try really hard to keep the spirit in our home... luckily I have made a habbit of cleaning out house (which gets dirty SO fast!!!) every morning. And yes, it seriously has to be cleaned every morning! But I enjoy the way I feel when the dishes are done, the floors are clean and our house is in order :) Anywho, The place where I struggle the most is laundry! bla. And it's a bitter struggle ahhaha Everything else is usually in okay order, except that! Big time! Sometimes I'm amazed at how many clothes kirk and I have b/c the only laundy i absolutely have to do for weeks is our undies! We can go a month + wearing clean clothes everyday as long as i keep our whites going...

And I know it's time to wash our whites when Kirk starts wearing my socks...
SooOooO This is me recommitting myself to laundry
and thinking happy thoughts:
  1. Our bedroom and closet will stay lots cleaner!
  2. I love the smell of fresh, warm laundry right out of the dryer! And we have yummy smelling soap too!
  3. Best to build the habbit now! We're starting a family and the piles will only grow!

time to boogy!

0 comments: