Tuesday, February 15, 2011

love.LOVE.love.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!


How did we celebrate our 3rd Valentines together?!?! Let me count the ways!
  1. FRIDAY'S COUPLES DANCE at our ward!! Wonderful! Posted all about it earlier! It turned out better than any ward party ever! Didn't know you could make a church gym look romantic :)
  2. SATURDAY'S STAKE YOUTH DANCE! We were one of the bajillion chaperones of the evening. And despite the doubts other ppl had, it's the truth... I am totally NOT a pregnant teenager who decided to crash the mormon's stake dance...and thanks for getting me a comfy padded chair as an apology :) You were much nicer in apologizing than the hall-monitor-man who took me by mistake before you hahahahaha Between that, and the fire alarms being pulled on the slow songs, I was reminded of how much fun it was when kirk and I were fresh out of high school! (well i guess it was just me, he was already an old man when I met him at 18). And ya know what? I was totally okay with all the 15 and 16 year olds checkin out my studdly, dirty-dance-monitor. I was too! But it's official, teenaged girls can be SooOo awkward. All in all, it was great! especially the people watching!
  3. Valentine Donuts! YUMyum yum! What says love like a heart shaped glazed donut?!
  4. homemade SUGAR COOKIES!! I thought of pregnant dawna when I was making these :) It's her sweet spot right now! ...I didn't know my husband had it in him to eat an entire batch of coookies, spare the 3 I had before he found them. Now, if it were 40 Big Macs he had downed-understandable. But cookies? hahaha I guess my secret ingredient WORKED! (jealous I can't do that without a 20 pounds weight gain? much!!)
  5. ROSES! that smell SOooOOo good! Sometimes they don't come with much of a smell, but these one did. They made my day! I'm a flower girl for sure :) Thank you my special Valentine!
  6. HandMade FLowers! too good to be true? It was. hahaha but thanks for pretending sweetheart!
  7. BRICK OVEN! we ordered salads, pizza, lasagna, pesto noodles, homemade rootbeer, cheese/garlic bread and topped it off with cookies! Can't touch this!
  8. a relaxing TUBBY!!!!!!!! together?! wouldn't have it any other way on Valentine's Day! Kirk showed me his extreme enjoyment by falling asleep in the tub HAhahahaha (typical man, right!?) So I turned to dallen's dance off in my tummy as entertainment until the water in our bath got cold. Oh i love tubby's, especially with that man of mine! (I've been wanting to do that for SooOOOoOo long with him!)
  9. massages at home :)
  10. mushy "i love you's"

and the best part is....

We're not celebrating Valentine's Day until Saturday!!!!

Kirk and I decided that last week! We take turns plannin Valentine's Day each year so we each get to be spoiled, thought of, planned for, and shown off all day! This year it's my turn to make kirk feel extra special! But b/c the holiday fell on a monday, that meant P90x-school-work-fire training for him (gone from 7am-9pm) and for me it meant I was watching a 3 year old and 10 month old from 8am to 5pm, ....so we planned another day to celebrate. But we had to recognize the day! And luckily Kirk's fire training got cancelled so we were able to go out to dinner around 8 :) Can't WAIT until this weekend!

(no pictures, darn it all! sandy beach+camera=death.)

0 comments: