Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yep, I stillll love kirk!

"It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives. But we sometimes take them for granted. How grateful we should be for the blessings that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings into our hearts and souls. I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do it with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath" David B. Haight





I am grateful to be a healthy mother, to a healthy baby boy! I'm also grateful I don't have to endure these routine Dr visits without my husband! I'm so glad he's come to every appt no matter how violating they become! :( hahaha




I'm SooOooO grateful we live in St George! We love it and always have! This is right where we belong :)




I'm grateful for the simple, little things in life that make me pause for a minute and smile :)




I'm thankful we are involved in our community! It's so much more fun this way :)

Top Pic: Kirk in red on far left. Bottom Pic: Kirk dribbling ball, back and center.







I have a LOT to be grateful for that this pic represents! To my mom-the-bomb who is the weekly package of goodies-the happy cards in the mail-the weekend visits-the uplifitng and supportive phonecalls/texts/emails-AND- for being the cutest, youngest grandma who has already found ways to spoil her grandson :) To my sis Karlie who has all the gadgets! I can't even begin to count the goodies she has passed on to me....from advice to a new wardrobe of maternity clothes :) To my great friend Brecken who has showered me with piles of baby clothes and new diapers, who has entertained long conversations about pregnancy ups and downs with me :) To Gretchen who has also added to my supply of baby clothes and support :) To Mist who has been my life-line with all the advice, understanding, listening and positive energy. I love you girl! :) Shout out to my little sister, Kel, McKenna, Heather, Dawna, Chelsey, Brenna and my VT's who help-even without knowin :) And my hubby shmubby, of couse!!





Other Unpictured Times to be Grateful For:
  • I can't tell you this without LAUGHING my face off! It cracks me up! My husband is SO cute! I woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago and needed to wake up Kirk....SoOOo I cuddle up to him (his back was to me) and whispered his name to see if that would do the trick. He immediatly rolled over, plunged his heavy sleeping arms around me and with his eyes still closed said: "I'm sorry I was mad at you babe" ....uh..... I had no idea what he was talking about so I asked... "I had a dream you went on a date with another guy and I got really made at you so I moved to the edge of the bed and turned away. And I'm still mad at you." hahahaha I can still hear his sleepy voice give light to my understanding hahaha It was 2 in the morning so I wasn't awake enough to realize he was sleeping so far away from me, awww! isn't he the cutest person ever? That's a crappy dream, but I love the way he responded. He's so cute and funny when he's sleepy! I love that he wasn't okay with it, even though it was JUST a dream. I love you cuddly wuddly! I'm grateful for a husband who cares about me so soo much!
  • While we're on a roll with dreams.... this morning kirk woke up and told me he had a dream that a bat attacked my face. Apparently it was the size of an owl and Kirk had to bring out his ginormous hulk muscles to save me. I'm grateful he's always got my back, anytime-anywhere-dream or reality!
  • I"m grateful we were able to have Chelsey and Marshall over for dinner and the jazz game! They are the cutest couple ever!! And I promise I'll never make ribs again....
  • I'm grateful Brecken stopped by for girltalk Monday, and McKenna stopped by with lunch Wednesday. Everyone needs their girlfriends!
  • I'm grateful we have NEW RED COUCHES!!!! YAY!
  • I'm so grateful our stinky dog is FiNaLLy leaving that blasted puppy stage!!!!!... oh my gosh... never again...! I just realized I only weigh 50 pounds more than her, and I'm PREGNANT. she's huge.
  • I'm grateful I have the day off tomorrow!!!!!!!! i love babysitting my little ones but TGIF
  • I"m grateful for Costco's samples
  • On a more serious note, I am grateful Heavenly Father loves Kirk and me. I can't stop the tears from coming when I really begin to think about it. He has made it known in soo many ways....through our family (more specifically our gracious, angelic parents), our warm and loving ward, and through good-good people and friends in our life. We have [reverently] never gone without; we have been, and both are healthy and safe; we live active and happy lives...which is a degree of glory all by itself. When one door closes, if you do what you know it right and pay your tithing, HF doesn't just open another door. He opens all the windows! The garage! The chimney! And the Heavens. He makes something come out of the woodwork to take care of His children...I'm overwhelming grateful for that. I know He is willing and wanting to drench us in blessings. It makes me want to be so much more when I'm in tune to recognize His hand.


0 comments: